The following rules and regulations have been established for the benefit of all users of the Swimming Pool to assure the safe operation of the pool facilities and to provide enjoyable recreation for all. Patrons are requested to cooperate in observing these rules and to obey the instructions of the Staff. Those found violating swimming rules are subject to the revocation of their swimming privileges.
The Lifeguard on Duty Enforces these Regulations
Edenderry Swimming Pool Limited reserves the right to refuse admittance into the swimming facility when the capacity of the pool has been reached or when otherwise deemed necessary for the health, welfare or safety of its Patrons.
The Chairman of the Board and any designated persons are responsible for the operation of the pool. The Lifeguards instruction must be followed at all times. Should a disagreement arise, patrons are advised to contact the Chairman.
General Rules & Admission
- No one will be allowed in the swimming area unless the pool is officially open, and a lifeguard is on duty.
- The company assumes no liability for injuries or damages arising from the results of participation. Due to the strenuous nature of some activities, the participant is advised to consult his/her physician concerning fitness to participate.
- Admission fees must be paid by all person’s ages two (2) year and older upon each entry/session to the pool. No family or friends swim for FREE unless agreed with management. You as a lifeguard may use the pool to train or to swim for free.
- All patrons within the pool area must be wearing the appropriate swim wear. Swim hats must be worn at all times.
- Children under 10 entering the pool must be accompanied and cared for (at poolside) by a responsible person 16-year-old or older in swim suit. Children under 6 need to have a responsible person in the water with them and within arms reach.
- After 6 p.m. any youth under the age of 13 who is not accompanied and supervised at the pool by an adult (18 and over) must leave the pool.
- Food or Drink is NOT permitted
- Glass containers, alcohol or drugs are NOT permitted
- Pets are NOT permitted.
- A group of children (6 or more, 6-17 years of age) entering the pool must be directly supervised at poolside by an adult in swim wear. There must be one adult for every five children. Groups MUST contact pool management
- Leave valuables at home. The Company is not responsible for personal property or valuables at any time. Lost & Found will be disposed of weekly. Valuables may not be checked with the cashier or pool staff.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted in the pool or in the surrounding area.
- No person within the pool grounds shall behave in such a manner as to jeopardize the safety and health of himself/herself and others. Such behaviour, including abusive or profane language, shall be grounds for expulsion.
- Loitering will not be permitted on the pool grounds or within any of its facilities.
- If a patron with a disability needs special accommodations to use the pool, please contact the Pool Manager.
- Any injury occurring in the pool area must be reported to the pool management immediately.
- The telephone may be used only to deliver messages of an emergency nature.
- Employees are the only persons allowed in the guard room, filter room, mechanical room, storage room and offices.
- The use of cameras, video cameras or any device containing camera equipment of any kind is prohibited in all locker rooms, bathrooms and changing facilities
- Periodically, lanes will be divided off for those persons wishing to swim lengths undisturbed. Persons not swimming lengths should remain in other pool areas. For effective use, swimmers should swim counterclockwise near the lane markers and pass in the middle when more than 2 swimmers are in a lane.
- Lanes in the pool may be divided off for adults (18 and older) to swim laps. Adults not swimming laps should remain in other areas of the pool.
- Youths who show evidence of being serious lap swimmers may be granted permission by the Manager to swim laps in the lap lanes during general swim or lap swimming times.
- Lap swimmers should arrange themselves by speed in the lanes. Please consult the directions posted or ask a lifeguard.
- Move to the side to allow others to turn and continue.
General Public Swimming
- Approved and labelled personal flotation devices, such as vests designed to provide vertical support, may be worn with permission of the Lifeguard. Water wings (arm bands) may also be worn. Each individual wearing a personal flotation device must be accompanied by an adult in the pool, within arms reach.
- Life-Guards have authority to enforce all pool rules. Patrons who repeatedly violate the rules may be ejected; Garda may be called to remove unruly individuals.
- All patrons must shower before entering
- Infants/children who are not toilet trained who wish to enter the pool, must wear a swim diaper.
- Any person having sore or inflamed eyes, cold, nasal or ear discharge, infectious ailment shall not be permitted in the pool.
- Running, pushing, dunking, wrestling, splashing, yelling, diving or improper conduct causing undue disturbances in or about the pool area or any acts which would endanger any patron are prohibited.
- Non-swimmers must remain in shallow water (chest deep
- or less).
- Toys, inner tubes or small toys may be allowed in the Pool at the Manager’s discretion.
- Food and drinks are not permitted on the pool decks.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the pool facilities.
- Single groups shall not monopolize a area of the pool and thereby limit its use by or intimidate other patrons. Only Pool scheduled classes, team activities, or rental groups are permitted. Private group uses are not permitted during a Public Swim period and must be scheduled as a private rental.
- Wearing eyeglasses in the pool is discouraged unless necessary. Non-breakable lenses and frames are necessary for safety.
- Chewing Gum is not permitted anywhere in the pool complex for health and safety reasons.
- NO DIVING IN WATER LESS THAN 1.5 m